BROOKS x ERGON GP1 LEATHER GRIPS
The Brooks GP1 grips are ergonomically designed for straight, swept and riser handlebars. Genuine, supple Brooks leather has been fused with an ergonomic rubber base for exceptional comfort and a delicate touch. Fastened by an aluminum handlebar end clasps, these can save your hands and wrists from a lot of strain while boasting classic style.
- Developed specifically for straight or riser handlebars (not swept back)
- Made from German developed, certified toxin free and UV stable rubber compounds
- Coated in genuine Brooks Leather
- Copper plated aluminum clamp ensures secure grip that wont move from desired position
- Long/Long for bikes with standard trigger shifters, single speed or Brompton flat bars
- Short/Long for bikes with intenal gears and a single twist shifter such as Nexus or Alfine
- Made exclusivly for Brooks by Ergon in Taiwan using German made compounds
Brooks Company History: Brooks England was founded in 1866 by John Boultbee Brooks, originally to manufacture leather harnesses and tackle for horses. Legend has it that the death of Mr. Brooks’ horse prompted him to seek alternative transportation, trying out the recent two-wheeled invention, the bicycle. He fell in love but found the wooden saddle excruciating. He vowed to make it more comfortable and so the Brooks leather saddle was born.
Today Brooks manufacture a wide range of bicycle accessories from backpacks, bicycle panniers and saddle bags to helmets, poncho’s and wallets and to this day all Brooks Leather Saddles are still hand made by skilled craftspeople using traditional methods in Birmingham, England and the fundamental design of the saddles is unchanged. While the new Cambium range, helmets and bags are all made in Italy.