AXLE NUTS & WASHERS
Genuine Brompton replacement Axle Nuts and Washers. Available for the front wheel, 1 & 2 speed rear wheels, and 3 & 6 speed rear wheels with Sturmey Archer rear hubs.
Made from hardened steel and supplied with all the necessary nuts and washers required.
- Brompton Axle Nuts & Washers
- Genuine Brompton replacement parts
- Front set includes two 15mm threaded nuts, two washers, and one security washer and one hook guide washer
- 1 & 2 speed rear set includes three 15mm threaded nuts, two small washers, and one large chain tensioner washer
- 3 & 6 speed rear set includes two 15mm threaded nuts, one Sturmey Archer chain tensioner nut, two anti-turn washers and one large chain tensioner washer
- 3 & 6 speed nuts are for Sturmey Archer hubs only
Brompton is the only company we've seen that answers all three criteria - and believe us, we've tried every brand out there. The reason others can't compete is because Brompton has answered a fundamental engineering problem. If a bike is going to unfold to a large footprint (which takes the twitch out) then it is unfolding to a bigger bike - and by all logic, a bigger bike unfolded would be a bigger bike folded. So, it's pretty much true that for most folding bikes they either have great rideability but poor transportability or vice versa. And nearly all of them are a mess to fold.
Not Brompton. Brompton has designed the Platonic form of all folding bikes. The bike folds to the smallest size on the market, unfolds in a highly precise and easy manner, and has the same axle-to-axle footprint as a hybrid bike. How did they do this? By not only designing a clever frame, but also designing some 1200 proprietary parts that make everything fit - and fit perfectly. Oh, and nearly all of this is made in England. No wonder this bike has a cult following.