TI PARTS WORKSHOP
BOTTOM BRACKET - TITANIUM - CERAMIC BEARING
This Ti Parts Workshop Brompton Titanium Bottom Bracket uses Enduro Ceramic Bearings and really is as good as it gets and the ceramic bearings in this thing really must be felt to be believed. This is a fit and forget item. I’m sure in 30 years’ time this will still be running silky smooth and is massive amount lighter than the crappy stock Brompton bottom bracket and lighter still than the usual Shimano UN55 than people usually "upgrade to".
The whole thing is beautifully CNC machined, the hollow axle from aerospace grade Ti-6AL-4V Titanium and the cups from 7075-T6 Aluminum. Using top grade Enduro Ceramic bearings this thing is silky smooth and with the huge weight difference swell this is one upgrade that really makes a difference.
- Hollow axle CNC machined from aerospace grade Ti-6AL-4V Titanium
- Cups CNC machined from 7075-T6 Aluminum
- Set consists of a single hollow Titanium axle, 2 Aluminum bottom bracket cups and 2 Enduro Ceramic bearings
- Laser etched logos
- Completely corrosion proof
- Available with Black or Titanium Grey cups
- 119mm axle can be used with old Brompton chain sets or the newer Spider chainset
- Weight: 142g (Shimano UN55: 304g) - Saving 162g
About Ti Parts Workshop: Based out of Hong Kong, Ti Parts Workshop have been at the forefront of Brompton aftermarket components since 2010. Specializing in ultra-high quality and lightweight replacement parts for pretty much the whole Brompton Bike from a handlebar bolt to a full titanium seatpost or even a beautiful machined full crankset.
The idea behind the company is to design and produce top quality modifications for Brompton folding bikes with a simple design, that are functional, lightweight, durable and corrosion proof. All parts are manufactured or CNC machined in-house using only the finest Titanium, Aluminum and Carbon Fiber and are all finished with laser etched logos and even anodized in different colours so you can really show off.