BROOKSSLENDER GRIPS - LEATHER
$119.99 CAD $99.99 CAD
The Brooks Slender leather Grips are made from the same artisanal leather as your favourite Brooks saddle wrapped around an aluminum shell in the same way as bar tape and then held in place using high polished aluminum end caps which then clamp securely to the handlebar creating a steadfast grip. These durable grips will add worlds of style and comfort to your ride.
- Available in four colours, Honey, Antique Brown, Black and Aged
- Aluminum end caps with engraved Brooks Logo
- Available in two different lengths to accommodate all gear and handlebar types
- Choose 100/100 for bicycles with grip shift on both sides or Brompton M handlebars
- Choose 130/130 for bicycles with trigger shifters or Brompton S type handlebars
- Made in the hills of Tuscany in Italy
Brooks Company History: Brooks England was founded in 1866 by John Boultbee Brooks, originally to manufacture leather harnesses and tackle for horses. Legend has it that the death of Mr. Brooks’ horse prompted him to seek alternative transportation, trying out the recent two-wheeled invention, the bicycle. He fell in love but found the wooden saddle excruciating. He vowed to make it more comfortable and so the Brooks leather saddle was born.
Today Brooks manufacture a wide range of bicycle accessories from backpacks, bicycle panniers and saddle bags to helmets, poncho’s and wallets and to this day all Brooks Leather Saddles are still hand made by skilled craftspeople using traditional methods in Birmingham, England and the fundamental design of the saddles is unchanged. While the new Cambium range, helmets and bags are all made in Italy.