SLENDER GRIPS - CAMBIUM
$89.99 CAD $119.99 CAD
The Brooks Cambium Slender Grips are made from the same weather resistant organic cotton canvas and natural rubber as the gorgeous Cambium saddles, wrapped around an aluminum shell in the same way as bar tape and then held in place using high polished aluminum end caps which then clamp securely to the handlebar creating a steadfast grip.
- Available in the same four colours as Cambium saddles. Rust, Natural, Black and Slate
- Aluminum end caps with engraved Brooks Logo
- Available in three different lengths to accommodate all gear and handlebar types
- Choose 100/100 for bicycles with grip shift on both sides or Brompton M handlebars
- Choose 130/130 for bicycles with trigger shifters or Brompton S type handlebars
- Made in the hills of Tuscany in Italy
Brooks Company History: Brooks England was founded in 1866 by John Boultbee Brooks, originally to manufacture leather harnesses and tackle for horses. Legend has it that the death of Mr. Brooks’ horse prompted him to seek alternative transportation, trying out the recent two-wheeled invention, the bicycle. He fell in love but found the wooden saddle excruciating. He vowed to make it more comfortable and so the Brooks leather saddle was born.
Today Brooks manufacture a wide range of bicycle accessories from backpacks, bicycle panniers and saddle bags to helmets, poncho’s and wallets and to this day all Brooks Leather Saddles are still hand made by skilled craftspeople using traditional methods in Birmingham, England and the fundamental design of the saddles is unchanged. While the new Cambium range, helmets and bags are all made in Italy.