BARBICAN MESSENGER BAG - CANVAS
The Brooks Barbican Canvas Messenger Bag is the less indulgent brother of the Brooks Leather Barbican. Beautifully crafted in Italy, the water-resistant waxed cotton and tanned bridle leather work together to create a durable exterior that will keep your belongings safe from the elements and the innovative shoulder strap can be extended to fit around your waist, bringing about incredible stability no matter what kind of cargo you're carrying.
The bag was a directly influenced by two patents filed by John Boultbee and his son Wilfred Mason in 1910 relating to improvements in satchels, knapsacks and the like. Both of these patents guaranteed more equal distribution of the load over the straps and more stability of the bag whilst cycling. With this in mind the Barbican featurs a shoulder belt which can be easily secured around the waist during the ride.
- Water resistant waxed cotton canvas delivers a distinct look that will improve with age like a good pair of denim jeans
- Genuine Brooks leather detailing
- Innovative shoulder strap doubles as a waistband for stability
- Features a discreet zippable valuables pocket and multiple media poclets under the flap
- Inside there is a padded laptop sleeve and a zippable pocket for valuables
- Leather flap tucks away into a neat pocket
- Made in the hills of Tuscany, Italy
- Depth: 120mm, Width: 390mm, Height: 280mm, Weight: 1450g, Volume: 13L
Brooks Company History: Brooks England was founded in 1866 by John Boultbee Brooks, originally to manufacture leather harnesses and tackle for horses. Legend has it that the death of Mr. Brooks’ horse prompted him to seek alternative transportation, trying out the recent two-wheeled invention, the bicycle. He fell in love but found the wooden saddle excruciating. He vowed to make it more comfortable and so the Brooks leather saddle was born.
Today Brooks manufacture a wide range of bicycle accessories from backpacks, bicycle panniers and saddle bags to helmets, poncho’s and wallets and to this day all Brooks Leather Saddles are still hand made by skilled craftspeople using traditional methods in Birmingham, England and the fundamental design of the saddles is unchanged. While the new Cambium range, helmets and bags are all made in Italy.