S2E-X - TITANIUM - KOJAK - DEPOSIT
This super-light 2022 Brompton S2E-X Folding Bike can be finished in any of the standard colours from Black to Racing Green. For a premium look, choose the Black Lacquer finish, which is made using only the best frames and where the hand brazing is visible. The bike uses high-strength Titanium alloy in place of steel for the rear triangle, front fork and mudguard stays; an aluminium alloy headset, double butted spokes, super light front hub and foam grips also feature, and no pump is fitted for further weight reduction. Offering a weight saving of 1.63 lbs compared to the S3E, this option will appeal particularly if you expect to carry the bike regularly.
It uses the classic S-Type bar which is Brompton's lowest and sportiest handlebar. This gives a zippy, fast position for riders of average height and a mid-height position for shorter riders. The Two Speed Gearing coupled with lightweight Schwalbe Kojak tires and 54-tooth chainring for +8% gearing offer a lightweight and fast solution perfect for flatter city commutes. The exclusion of front and rear fenders shaves off weight, and the awesome Brompton front carrier block allows carrying of any of the Brompton bags.
The bike is fitted with either standard, extended or telescopic seatposts depending on your height and the saddle is the comfortable Brompton saddle which suits this handlebar the best but can be swapped out to the wide at no extra charge.
- Now taking preorders for 2022 - Prices, colours and specs TBC
- Place $500 deposit now to preorder your 2022 Brompton bike - Check current production lead times here
- Questions? Book a consultation with one of our Brompton experts
- Main Frame and Stem painted in your choice of six standard colours, or luxury Black Lacquer
- Fork and rear triangle finished in Raw Titanium
- Weight saving features include Titanium fork, rear triangle & fender stays, Alloy headset, lightweight foam grips, super light front hub and double butted spokes, and lack of mudguard fenders
- S-Type Handlebar - Zippy, fast position for riders of average height and a mid-height position for shorter riders
- 2 Speed Standard Gearing (56-74.7 Gear Inches) - This can be changed to -7% or +19% at no extra charge
- Schwalbe Kojak Tires - Fastest and lightest tires made exclusively for Brompton
- Front Carrier Block (FCB) - For mounting Brompton bags
- No front and rear fenders - Achieve a minimalist aesthetic for fairweather riding
- Integrated Trigger Shifter with Gear Display Windows
- Choose from Standard, Extended or Telescopic Seatposts
- Choose from Standard or Wide saddles
- Weight: 21.71 lbs
- ADD: Lighting System
- ADD: Essentials Package
- ADD: Front Bags & Covers
- PRICE MATCH GUARANTEE
|FRAME||Brompton Cro-mo steel, full ED coated, Hand-brazed in England|
Brompton Titanium Extra Light - Raw Brushed Finish - No Pump Mounts
|HEADSET||Brompton Aluminum - Silver|
|STEM||Brompton S Type - Cro-mo steel, full ED coated, Hand-brazed in England|
|HANDLEBAR||Brompton S Bar (Low Riding Position) - Silver|
|GRIPS||Brompton Ultralight Foam Lock-On - Black|
|SEATPOST||Brompton Steel Standard, Steel Extended or Steel Telescopic - Silver|
|SEAT||Brompton Standard with built in handle and rear light mount|
|BRAKES||Brompton Dual Pivot - Black|
|BRAKE LEVERS||Brompton with Integrated Bell and Shifter - Silver/Black|
|SHIFTERS||Brompton Integrated Gear Trigger (L)|
|R. DERAILLEUR||Brompton Chain Tensioner w/2sp derailleur|
|FRONT HUB||Brompton Superlight Alloy - 28h - Silver - QR|
|REAR HUB||Brompton Sealed Baering Hub - Silver|
|SPOKES||Stainless Steel Double Butted - Silver|
|RIMS||Brompton Alloy, Double Walled - Silver with Machined Braking Surface|
|BOTTOM BRACKET||Cartridge 119mm JIS|
|CRANKS||Brompton 5-bolt - 54T - Silver|
|PEDALS||Brompton (left hand folds) - Silver|
|SUSPENSION||Rubber Elastomer - Firm|
Front Carrier Block
|5' 2"||5' 11"|
Extended and Telescopic Seatpost
|5' 10"||6' 4"|
Brompton is the only company we've seen that answers all three criteria - and believe us, we've tried every brand out there. The reason others can't compete is because Brompton has answered a fundamental engineering problem. If a bike is going to unfold to a large footprint (which takes the twitch out) then it is unfolding to a bigger bike - and by all logic, a bigger bike unfolded would be a bigger bike folded. So, it's pretty much true that for most folding bikes they either have great rideability but poor transportability or vice versa. And nearly all of them are a mess to fold.
Not Brompton. Brompton has designed the Platonic form of all folding bikes. The bike folds to the smallest size on the market, unfolds in a highly precise and easy manner, and has the same axle-to-axle footprint as a hybrid bike. How did they do this? By not only designing a clever frame, but also designing some 1200 proprietary parts that make everything fit - and fit perfectly. Oh, and nearly all of this is made in England. No wonder this bike has a cult following.
Did you know we ship bikes completely built and ready to ride? Our bikes are shipped Ride Out Of The Box meaning they are professionally tuned and delivered - worry free. Your bike will arrive at your door step with any accessories installed, so you can ride it right out of the box!
READY TO RIDE
Want to know how much shipping will cost? Just tell us where its going!