P LINE URBAN - MID HANDLEBAR - ROLLER FRAME - SCHWALBE ONE TIRES
The Brompton P Line Urban folding bike is the lightest bike in Brompton’s lineup. Offering a weight savings of just under 2lbs from the C Line Explore, the P Line Urban is particularly appealing if you expect to carry the bike regularly. High-strength titanium alloy is used in place of chromoly steel for the rear triangle and front fork, reducing road chatter and making the bike far more comfortable to ride, and the lighter foam grips, alloy headset (versus steel) and titanium fender-stays shave grams in only the most practical ways. Available in your choice of metallic Midnight Black or Storm Grey.
The P Line Urban model has a 4-speed external derailleur that offers a similar gear ratio to the internal Sturmey Archer 3-speed hub, but weighs only 60 grams. A redesigned suspension block transfers maximum pedalling power to the drivetrain without energy losses. The all-new wheelset is Brompton's lightest and sturdiest yet and the new hex-key axles make removing the wheels for roadside maintenance much easier. The new Superlight saddle features carbon rails to reduce weight while maintaining the Brompton underframe grip to make carrying the folded bike easy and comfortable. This bike comes with Schwalbe One tires which have 80% less rolling resistance than Schwalbe Marathon Racer tires and more puncture proofing. An optional Front Carrier Block lets you customize your bike with a wide range of Brompton bags.
This bike uses the Mid Handlebar which is Brompton’s bestseller and the sweet spot for short riders seeking an upright ride or average-height riders wanting a bike that is both efficient and comfortable. Fenders keep you and your bike looking presentable and make entry to shops, museums, and theatres a lot easier as a result. The bike is fitted with a Standard seatpost but can be swapped to Extended or Telescopic seatposts depending on your height.
Lastly, moving the bike when it's folded is much easier! A new dual-locking system keeps the bike folded when the seatpost is up, allowing you to navigate tight spaces. Redesigned rolling wheels are taller than the standard Brompton issue to make travelling over uneven ground easier. The roller frame lends the stability and bike portability of a rear rack without the added weight.
- Questions? Book a consultation with one of our Brompton experts, or read our 2022 Brompton Buyer's Guide blog post
- Brompton P Line Urban - Mid Handlebar
- Main frame and stem painted in your choice of two striking metallic finishes - Midnight Black or Storm Grey
- Titanium Fork and Rear Triangle and front/rear fender stays
- Alloy headset in place of the usual steel
- Mid Handlebar - Sweet-spot for shorter riders who want to sit upright or average-height riders who want a bike that is both efficient yet comfortable
- Four-speed external derailleur - Nearly the same gear ratio as a 3-speed but weighs only 60g
- Redesigned extra-firm suspension block transmits maximum pedal power without losses
- New wheelset - Brompton's lightest and strongest yet with hex-key axles for easy roadside wheel removal
- Schwalbe One tires - 80% less rolling resistance than Schwalbe Marathon Racer tires with more puncture resistance
- Redesigned rolling wheels - Make rolling the bike easier on uneven ground
- Roller frame - All of the folded bike transport benefits of a rear rack without the weight
- Integrated Trigger Shifter with Gear Display Window
- Front and Rear Fenders - Keep you clean and dry whatever the weather
- Optional Front Carrier Block (FCB) - For mounting Brompton bags
- Standard seatpost - Can be swapped to Extended or Telescopic if needed
- Brompton Superlight saddle with carbon rails
- Weight: From 22.02 lbs
- ADD: Front Bags & Covers
- ADD: Dynamo Lighting System
- PRICE MATCH GUARANTEE
|BROMPTON P LINE URBAN - MID HANDLEBAR - ROLLER FRAME - SCHWALBE ONE TIRES|
|FRAME||Precision drawn heat-treated steel tubing, full ED coated, Hand-brazed in England|
|FORK, REAR TRIANGLE||Titanium, shot blasted and painted Gloss Black, Hand-brazed in England|
|HEADSET||Brompton Aluminum - Black|
|STEM||Brompton Mid Stem - Precision drawn heat-treated steel tubing, full ED coated, Hand-brazed in England|
|HANDLEBAR||Brompton Mid Handlebar (Moderate Riding Position) - Black - Triple butted aluminum with shot-peened finish|
|GRIPS||Brompton Ultralight Foam Lock-On - Black|
|SEATPOST||Brompton Steel Standard, Extended or Telescopic - Black|
|SEAT||Brompton Superlight saddle with built in handle|
|BRAKES||Brompton Dual Pivot Calipers - Black|
|BRAKE LEVERS||Brompton with Integrated Bell and Shifter - Silver/Black|
|SHIFTERS||Brompton Integrated Gear Trigger - Left Hand 4-speed
|R. DERAILLEUR||Brompton Chain Tensioner w/ 4sp derailleur|
|FRONT HUB||Brompton Alloy - 28h - Black|
|REAR HUB||Brompton Alloy Sealed Bearing - 28h - Black|
|SPOKES||Stainless Steel Straight Gauge - Black|
|RIMS||Brompton Alloy, Double Walled - Black with Machined Braking Surface|
|BOTTOM BRACKET||Cartridge 119mm JIS|
|CRANKS||Brompton 5-bolt - 54T - Black|
|COG-SET||Brompton 11/13/15/18 T|
|PEDALS||Brompton (left hand folds) - Black|
Brompton Chromoplastic - Black with rubberized flap
|SUSPENSION||Updated Rubber Elastomer - Firm|
|WEIGHT||From 22.02 lbs|
|FOLDED SIZE||645mm (H) x 585mm (W) x 270mm (D) (25.3" x 23" x 10.6")|
Optional Lezyne Pump - with flexible hose compatible with Schrader and Presta valves
Optional Front Carrier Block (FCB)
|BROMPTON P LINE URBAN - MID HANDLEBAR - ROLLER FRAME - SCHWALBE ONE TIRES||FROM||TO|
|5' 2"||5' 11"|
Extended and Telescopic Seatpost
|5' 10"||6' 4"|
Brompton is the only company we've seen that answers all three criteria - and believe us, we've tried every brand out there. The reason others can't compete is because Brompton has answered a fundamental engineering problem. If a bike is going to unfold to a large footprint (which takes the twitch out) then it is unfolding to a bigger bike - and by all logic, a bigger bike unfolded would be a bigger bike folded. So, it's pretty much true that for most folding bikes they either have great rideability but poor transportability or vice versa. And nearly all of them are a mess to fold.
Not Brompton. Brompton has designed the Platonic form of all folding bikes. The bike folds to the smallest size on the market, unfolds in a highly precise and easy manner, and has the same axle-to-axle footprint as a hybrid bike. How did they do this? By not only designing a clever frame, but also designing some 1200 proprietary parts that make everything fit - and fit perfectly. Oh, and nearly all of this is made in England. No wonder this bike has a cult following.
Did you know we ship bikes completely built and ready to ride? Our bikes are shipped Ride Out Of The Box meaning they are professionally tuned and delivered - worry free. Your bike will arrive at your door step with any accessories installed, so you can ride it right out of the box!
READY TO RIDE
Want to know how much shipping will cost? Just tell us where its going!